Foster a Dog
Douglas County Canine Rescue, is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, no-kill, PACFA licensed animal rescue. Our mission is to rescue dogs, spay, neuter, microchip, and provide medical care for as many homeless and neglected pups as we can, but we need you! Each dog is placed into a loving foster home until they get adopted into the loving homes that they need and deserve! Douglas County Canine Rescue does not have a facility. We rely solely on the kindness and generosity of animal lovers who open their hearts and homes to help us take care of the animal orphans that desperately need help.
We are seeking new foster families to join our team! You can help save a life by providing a warm bed, love, and snuggles for homeless and neglected puppies and dogs until they find their furever homes. Minimum commitment is 14 days per dog (or siblings/litter) to allow time for spay/neuter, behavior assessment, and any other medical needs. DCCR provides all crates, food, potty pads, medical care, and more.
Foster Application Process
- Step 1: Review DCCR Foster Requirements and Commitments
- Step 2: Fill out the New Foster Sign-up Application
- Step 3: Send us the completed application online.
- Step 4: Have a phone screening interview with the foster coordinator.
- Step 5: Have a home visit with one of our trained volunteers.
- Step 6: Meet us at a transport arrival or adoption event and take your DCCR foster home!